Archives for February 2017
Jeena began her career 7 years ago in Oakville. Her education spreads from white oaks to Sheridan, she’s gone to to many Loreal Academy colour classes in Toronto and bumble & bumble university in New York to master the techniques that were given at hand. This took her experience of doing hair to another level. Jeena is passionate about her career and loves to make people look good and feel good about themselves.
Jeena is now happy to be a part of Matthew Jonathan’s Hair Salon after her 5 successful years at Atelier Hair salon.
Here are some simple 8 tips and tricks from our friends over at Kerastase !1. An Intense Care – Pre-shampoo is idea for extremely dry or very fine hair. Apply on dry hair and rinse it out before you go on with your beauty routine. With Immersions Nutritive, 10 minutes are enough to let nutrients in.
2. Dry Hair Shampoo – Choose Rich formulas enriched in nourishing agents. When applying the shampoo, work up a lather using your fingertips and gently massage it onto your scalp. Avoiding any rough friction.
3. Dry Hair Treatment – A deep conditioner tames tangles and repairs slightly dry hair. When hair is dehydrated, use a deep treatment at least once a week. For optimal nutrition, leave the masque on for a minimum of 5 minutes. You can also wrap your hair in a warm towel while the formula diffuses.
4. The Secret is in Rinsing- Prefer lukewarm, or cold water over hot water. Cold will help close the scales on hair’s cuticle and seal in nutrition. It will also give your hair extra shine and smoothness.
5. Don’t OVER-detangle- You should not brush dry hair more than twice a day; in the morning and before bed. It is recommended to use a boar bristles brush, and only brush when hair has fully dried. On wet hair, use a wide-tooth comb to gently detangle.
6. Watch out for Styling Heat – Try to let your hair-dry for a while before proceeding with styling. Apply a texturizing serum or cream formulated for dry hair. Use a styling brush made with wild boar hairs that won’t pull on the hair. Prefer cold hair for your blow dryer. (Another great brush we at Matthew Jonathan recommend for blowdrying is our Moroccan Oil brushes!)
7. Your hair is what you eat – Make sure that your feeding habits include enough vitamins, mineral salts and fatty acids.
8. Your hairdesser is your hair’s best friend- For hair that remains soft and shiny from root to tip, be sure to trim your ends every 2 to 3 months, with a professional hairstylist.